In Whose Hand will the Kingdom Stand?
A crisis is unfolding! The King of the planet Megara has died, and no successor has been chosen. The entire world is in political uproar. Many factions now vie for the throne, and unless a new King is chosen soon the planet will break out into civil war.
By tradition, the Oracle of Delphi is responsible for appointing the new King, but at the time of the King’s death she was far away on a distant world. When she heard of the King’s death she immediately began returning home to Megara, but she never arrived! Her ship’s signal was last detected taking a shortcut through the Rogue System—a notorious hideout of the Orion Pirates.
Fearing the worst, the Priests and Priestesses of Delphi have called upon the Infinity Knights—the renowned protectors and peace and justice throughout the universe—to find the missing Oracle and return her safely back to Megara. Only then will she be able to resolve the conflict, appoint a new King, and restore peace.
But that’s not all! Several other factions are trying to find the Oracle first to force her hand. Will the Infinity Knights be able to rescue the Oracle, reconcile the political tensions, and avert a civil war?
- Comparative politics
- Monarchy, direct democracy, and republics
- Nuclear isotopes and radioactive decay
- Marine biology
- Separation of church and state
- Space exploration
- Coronation, inheritance, and elections
- Checks and balances in the U.S. government
Higher Order Thinking
- What was the founding fathers’ reasoning behind how they set up the U.S. government?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of democracy? Monarchy? Democratic republics?
- Under what conditions should decisions be made by majority rule? When shouldn’t majority rule be used?
- How should societies handle minority interests?
- What roles do longtime traditions play in rapidly changing societies?
- What is the fine line between competitive rivals and enemies?
Download the Full Instructor Packet or each item individually: