Preparation Guide & Checklist
We have all sorts of materials to help you integrate your Dream Flight Adventures mission seamlessly into your existing lesson plans. That said, this amount of resources can be a little daunting at times. Please take advantage of the following checklist to make sure you and your students are fully prepared for an unforgettable experience.
- Review the available missions and select one that matches your curriculum or seems interesting to your students.
- Each mission has multiple curriculum touch-points. If you need help deciding which one is best for your students, please contact us. We’re eager to help!
Preparing for the Adventure
- Start by reviewing the Simulator and Curriculum pages, which describes the simulator experience and curriculum.
- Go through the the Crew Stations page, which describes the various roles your students will have during the adventure.
- You may consider assigning these roles to your students in advance. The Station Selection page includes several pointers about what type of student is most appropriate for each role.
- For an even richer experience, allow your students to complete the Infinity Knights Job Application project.
- Review the Mission Overview for your mission with your students. This is included on mission’s page on this website.
- The Pre-Mission Diary project provides a great way for students to reflect on their upcoming adventure.
The “Big Day”
- Arrive on time to maximize your students’ time inside their simulator adventure.
- Watch the adventure unfold. While your students are engulfed in their fully immersive adventure, you are welcome to join the Dream Flight Adventures staff behind the scenes to watch your students in action.
- Hold a class discussion with your students. Review how the mission relates to material you’ve covered in your curriculum.
- The Mission Debrief Class Discussion Guides contain several thought-provoking and mission-specific questions to help spur discussion.
- Allow your students to reflect on the adventure, record their experiences, and share what they have learned.
- The Multimedia Mission Memoir project helps students think through their mission’s underlying concepts through the creative use of multimedia.
- Look ahead. Each of our missions blends a wide variety of topics. While you may have already addressed some of these topics in your lessons, others might still be down the road. Review the mission’s curriculum topics and prepare to reflect back on the mission in future lessons. The curriculum topics associated with the mission are listed on its page on this website.