DFA 2.0 is under development. As part of this process we will periodically release test versions of the new software so Flight Directors can experiment with it and provide feedback.
Latest Version: DFA 2.0 b7.0. This is our seventh official Beta test release. Please see the Release Notes below.
Release Date: 16 Sep 2019
- Mac download
- PC download
- Linux download (note: largely untested)
- iPad app (Crew Station only) (requires iOS 9 or higher).
- Android app (Crew Stations only): Google Play Store, Amazon App Store
This version is an “Beta Test” release, meaning that most of the major features are in place, but there are still some rough edges, bugs, and quirks. Mission content is incomplete; Training Mode, Insurrection, Succession, Lusitania, Countdown, Contaminant, and Pandemic are in place. Additional missions and content will be added throughout the Beta test.
- Contaminant mission added
- Towing characters will no longer cause them to attack
- Adjusted Cybersecurity Officer to prevent double lockouts
- Previous release notes:
- Significant bug fixes, especially for the crew stations.
- Flight Directors can now put custom images on the main viewscreen. This is useful for showing the crew galaxy maps, detailed diagrams, etc. These can also be included as part of Cue Cards.
- Flight Directors can now configure characters to automatically trigger Cue Cards when the ship either (a) collides with them (e.g. a jumpgate) or (b) destroys them (e.g. an enemy).
- Download the software (linked above) for your operating system (Mac, PC, or Linux).
- Unzip the package anywhere on the destination computers. One computer functions as the Viewscreen. Another functions as the Flight Director controls.
- Launch the software on the Viewscreen computer and click on the Viewscreen button. This will load Training Mode.
- An access code in the format of XX-XX-XX-XX will be displayed at the top of the screen, slightly right of center.
- Refer to this video for a demonstration.
- Launch the software on the Flight Director computer and click on the Flight Director button. Enter the access code displayed on the Viewscreen. Use this to control various elements of the ship and mission.
- Launch a third copy of the software (or use the mobile app) and click on the Crew Station button. Enter the access code displayed on the Viewscreen.
- Select the desired Crew Station from the list.
- Repeat Steps 5 & 6 as desired if you want to test multiple stations at once.
- Important note: Once a Crew Station has been selected on a device, the device will remember that choice and hide other Crew Station options when you reconnect later. This is to make it smooth and easy to set up Crew Stations in the simulator. However, in testing, if you want to test multiple Crew Stations on one device, when the Crew Selection button appears simply tap/click 5 times in the upper right corner of the screen. This will reveal all the Crew Station options so you can choose a different one.
- The Viewscreen supports some basic keyboard controls to make testing easier:
- To fly around, hold down the + and – keys to accelerate and decelerate, respectively. Use the Arrow Keys to steer.
- To quit, use the onscreen menus, or press Command-Q on Macs or Alt-F4 on Windows.
- Mission content is incomplete; Training Mode, Insurrection, Succession, Lusitania, Countdown, Contaminant, and Pandemic are included. More are on the way.
- The following Crew Stations are not available:
- Pilot (no console screen intended)