Yesterday we had the honor of hosting a group of executives from the Smithsonian at the IKS Titan. They were very impressed by what they saw and asked many very good questions. The guest list included:
- Claudine K. Brown, Assistant Secretary for Education and Access, The Smithsonian Institution
- Jane Lipton Cafritz, Chairman and CEO, Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation
- Trisha Edward, Education Specialist, Lemelson Center
- Ryan Hill, Director of Digital Learning Programs, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Dr. Kim Kiehl, Executive Director, Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center
- Caroline Payson, Director of Education, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
But this guest list wasn’t the only impressive thing—we had a rockstar group of GATE students from Shaler Area Elementary present the Titan, their experiences in it, and how it’s impacted their educational experience. They did a fantastic job and really made the Smithsonian’s visit a powerful one.
We greatly enjoyed the Smithsonian’s visit and welcome them back any time. Perhaps next time we’ll have enough time to put them through a full mission. How do you think they’ll do? They’re a pretty sharp bunch!